LAC Bible Quizzing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Missionary Role-Playing Game

+2
tie-dyed girl!
Obasi42
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Missionary Role-Playing Game - Page 2 Empty Re: Missionary Role-Playing Game

Post  Daughter of the Wind Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:24 pm

Adene was in her room reading when she heard the sirens wail. They grew louder for a time, then died away in the distance. Later that day, she turned on the news to find what happened. what she heard shocked her

"Earlier today, the police were in persuit of two terrorists in a hearse. The policemen in pursuit carined off the road and into a ravine. Investigators say that the terrorists shot at the pursuing police, killing the driver. They also say that the terrorists probably belonged to a religious cult that is currently trying to undermine the authority of Mr. Dixon and overturn Shazam. Instances like this have been seen in the past. In such cases, the terrorists were brought to justice and some even confessed and become productive citizens. The question is, this time have they gone too far? back to you Greg"

This was not the first time she had heard of such situations, but never had such religious cults ever gone so far. To bear arms against a national orgainized police force seemed to her to be out right rebelion! The announcer must have been toning it down so that people wouldn't get too scared. This was serious buisiness; Adene would have to prepare herself to make sure she never got decieved or caught up in such a rebellion
Daughter of the Wind
Daughter of the Wind

Back to top Go down

Post  Ydude Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:31 pm

Alexander was furious, "How did the terrorists get away? We cannot allow this kind of rebellion to exist in our country, and we cannot allow this kind of sloppiness on our police force!"
The officer-in-charge replied, trembling, "A coffin fell out of the back of the terrorists' car. There was nothing that the officers could do."
"Someone must pay for this!" The supreme ruler replied, "What happened to the pursuing officers?"
"The driver was killed in the accident and the other officer was seriously injured."
"If he recovers, then he will take the blame. File the paperwork to have him demoted to a trainee."
"But there was nothing that he cou--"
"Shut up! I didn't ask for your input! You are dismissed."
"Thank you, sir," replied the officer as he backed out of the room.
My country should not be like this. Alexander thought to himself. All of my subjects should obey me without question. He sighed. Now I must address the people and reassure them that the Higher Powers are on our side in the fight against these terrorists. I just wish that I could reassure myself...
Ydude
Ydude
The Doctor's Companion
The Doctor's Companion

Back to top Go down

Post  tie-dyed girl! Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:41 pm

Aly and the rest of the group sat in a circle and listened to Faith tell them what had really happened (they had seen the ridiculous story on the news, but they all knew that wasn't really the truth). They were all amazed. It was such an unbelievable story. . .God was sooooo cool!!!!!

tie-dyed girl!
Most Excellent Theophilus

Back to top Go down

Post  Testimony of Greatness Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:46 am

Dasini just had to get out of the house. Today is Saturday, and her Aunt is roaming around the house cleaning and singing the Shazam Nation Anthem (And let's just say her Aunt isn't the best singer). So, Dasini grabbed her coat and headed out the door. As she was walking down the street, she saw police cars just roaming the streets. Great, because of these terrorist, this city is on lock down. She popped in her Ipod and kept walking. Too bad she didn't know that these police were looking for her.
She just didn't pay the police and mind and just kept walking, until I police car stopped his car right in front of her. Dasini took out her earphones and said, "Can I help you officer?" The officer rolled down the window and replies, "Maybe you can? Are you Dasini J.?" Dasini nodded. "Then this is your school...here is a picture." Dasini looked at the picture and confirmed it was her school. The police officer then said, "Your principal apologies, but he is calling an emergency meeting at the school for all his high school student, which you are. Please get in the back of the car." Dasini, obeying orders, got in the back of the police car. "Who called the meeting?", asked Dasini. The police officer answered, "Your Principal, by direct orders from Mr.Alexander himself." "Who?”, Dasini questioned. "We call him Mr.Shazam.", said the officer and sped away to the school.
Testimony of Greatness
Testimony of Greatness
Have You Seen My Gerbil?
Have You Seen My Gerbil?

Back to top Go down

Post  Daughter of the Wind Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:20 pm

* Note: i did not delete the previous posts. i both saved them and split them off of the thread. Now, lets not go off inot a climactic ending without first developing a story. Sure, put in big moments, bu tnot ones that could bring about the end of the story or a complete divisiveness of characters.*

Adene sat assembles with all the other students in the school's auditorium. She began to wonder if anything were going to happen when all of a sudden the room erupted with applause. Adene stood and peared over seversl shoulders to see. At the front of the room stood their king, Alexanter, or as he was called by some, Mr. Shazam. It was a fitting name; he was, after all, the most successful king since Andreas, the fifth king, and some were saying that he might even pass this predicesor. It took several moments for him to quiet the children. As soon as everyone was seated, he made his adress.

"Thank you for your warm welcome. I am sorry that I could not come to you on a more joyous occasion, but there is an issue that needs to be settled right now! As most of you already know, there has been a terroristic attack in this area. I have come to assure you that the situation is being delt with. Later I will adress the country, but I want you to know that I came first to you, the youth, the next generation, because you are the future. You are the leaders of tomorow. Let them who incite fear hear and know this, WE are the people of Shazam and we will not tolerate such actions!"
As the speaker system ecoed the last of his words, the room once again errupted with cheering. Once again King Dixon calmed the enthusiastic bunch.
"I leave you with one final statement. Be all that you can be. Excell, thrive, be the best that you can be for your country!"
Adene herself was not as enthusiastic as most, but never showed it for a second. Being as respected as she was in several areas, she could never show that she was any less devoted.
The pricipal then made an announcement to the school that the rest of the day was to be a holiday and Adene was nearly trampled by the exuberant students rushing out the doors. Perfectly content to be one of the last ones out, Adene carefully made her way up the isle and out to the free air.
Daughter of the Wind
Daughter of the Wind

Back to top Go down

Post  Daughter of the Wind Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:13 pm

*happy Thanksgiving to all!*

Today was the day when everyone was happy. The history of this day had been distorted by other countries, but here it was (as she had been told).
One year, there was a great famine in Shazam. The people looked to their ruler to save them. As their intercessor to the Higher Powers, he interceded on their behalf. The holiday was created I
honor of their salvation and to remember all that everyone had to be thankful for.
Adene was happy on this day. She got to see all her family members that lived far off. It was all great up through dinner after which she would leave while those who were interested in the subject discused politics. But overall, this was one of her favorite holidays.
Daughter of the Wind
Daughter of the Wind

Back to top Go down

Post  Daughter of the Wind Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:03 am

Adene ran home from the bus stop. She had to walk quite a ways because she went to a bus stop that wasn't the closest to her house. It was a small price to pay; if they knew who she was...
well, that didn't matter now. All that mattered now was that it was Winter Break!!! She went upstairs to her room and began writing in her journal.

12/17/09
So, I haven't been writing in a while. Some wierd things have been happening and I've been thinking more than writing. So, to recap, a week and a half ago (that would be Wednesday) a Shazam political club was started. I didn't tell Dad, of course; he would pester me until I joined. He'll probably find out at some point and be mad at me for not joining in his devoute interest, but what would there be to discuss? There has always been one ruler, usually endorsed by the previous ruler, no conflicting views, and a nearly unanimous vote. I find no point in trying to change anything.

Last Friday, Karen came up and started talking with me about the whole idea of evolution and such. By the way she was talking, I could tell that she was trying to be confident but was nervous. About what? She didn't seem to like the whole theory too much. I've been thinking about that myself, and I know that there are some problems with the theory, but that does not meant that the whole thing is balogna. I guess i'm just putting words in her mouth that were never there.
So she debated with me for a bit and looked like she was going to say something important but seemed to have lost her nerve. She said, "Well, gotta run!" and was off. she walked away a bit shyly. I'm currious as to what she had to say.

Teusday, some of Karen's friends were peering down the hall as we passed them. They're a very, oh how should I say this, selective group. Most of them are considered goody two shoes but I can't say much about that; I'm sort of one myself. I'm not a bad person and i do the right things. Maybe they're waiting for her to ask me to join their group (whatever it may be) or something like that.

And Friday: Today is the first day of Winter Break. I'm so excited! I'm going to have so much free time all to myself. I get to read, think, watch anime, or do whatever I please for the next few weeks.
Daughter of the Wind
Daughter of the Wind

Back to top Go down

Post  Testimony of Greatness Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:27 pm

"WOW!", Dasini thought about what's been happening in Shazam lately. It's definitely been a stressful time, especially for Christians. Ever since the meeting at the school, she's sorta kept to herself. It's like she's been keeping everyone out, sometimes even God. She has alot to say, but had been holding it in.

Dasini just got home from a jog she decided to take around the neighborhood. As she took off her jogging jacket, she plops down on the bed. She stared at the ceiling and got lost in thought, as she drifted off to sleep and into a dream.....*she saw her mom, as beautiful as can be, just staring back at her as she held her daughter's hand. Her mom said, "I love you more than you could ever imagine, and God has a plan for you and I." Dasini said as she shed tears, "Don't ever leave me mom, ever!" Her mom just smiled and said, "God has a plan for you. Let him, and He'll use you in a great way. I love you darling!" She slowly let go of her hand and backed away, as she faded into nothing at all. "I love you too, mom!", Dasini said through tears.*

As quickly as she fell asleep, she woke up. She realized she was really crying, but paid no attention to her tears. She got off of her bed, knelt down, and folded her hands. "Lord, I'm sorry! I'm sorry that I have been blocking you out of my life lately. I want you to have your way in my life. Use me.....O God, use me!"
Testimony of Greatness
Testimony of Greatness
Have You Seen My Gerbil?
Have You Seen My Gerbil?

Back to top Go down

Post  tie-dyed girl! Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:32 pm

The kids sat in a circle in the old school house, praying together one last time. Excitement seemed to radiate out of them all and bounce uncontrolably around the room. Aly was shaking. She was excited and scared and probably every other emotion too. She just hoped she wasn't sweating on her dress and that all the make-up wouldn't run from the tears of joy.
The kids had spent weeks preparing for this day. They knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that God was calling them to minister in their school, but they were truants and suspected outlaws. How could they just walk back into their school without being arrested and taken in for questioning before they had a chance to bring any glory to God? They spent hours in prayer together, wondering, and begging God to show them a way. Then, after everything God finally made his plan clear! Or, at least the part they needed to know for now.
It had happened about a week ago. They were having one of their everyday prayer meetings that always started just praying for those they knew were out there working, like Connor and Faith (who had joined him), but inevitably became fervant times of begging God to move in their school and to use them in ways greater than they could imagine. They had fallen into a few minutes of silence when suddenly Jonathan looked up and spoke, "Guys! I know what we can do! Just because we can't walk back into the classrooms like old times and speak up doesn't mean we can't use our words! They just have to be written instead of heard! A newspaper that looks like the school paper until you open it up! Pamphlets stuck in lockers! Books that look like the science books on the covers until you start reading and see that it's all about the wonders of creation! Or even just putting sticky notes in the science books at key places!"
"Great idea, in theory, but how are we supposed to get into the school?" Zachary intergected. The group fell silent again. "See, there's no way to actually pull all this off."
"No, wait...I think there is a way...the Homecoming dance is in a month! We can all dress up and if we do a good enough job with makeup and whatnot, I bet we could get away with not being recognized! I mean, I know you guys wont wear make-up, but after being out here for a couple months, yalls hair is longer than it ever was and I bet with the right goop we could make you look, well, pretty different..." Ally smiled to herself, already beginning to picture the job that enough hair dye and gel could do. "Ok, so, anyways, we get into the dance as couples, no one recognizes us, we dance for a bit, then, take turns sneaking off. One pair slides pamphlets into lockers. The next sneaks into the science room and bombards the books with sticky notes, and the last puts copies of our newspaper in all of the teachers boxes for them to give out! There's a few details left to work out, but all in all, I think it's feasible! What do yall think?"

tie-dyed girl!

Back to top Go down

Post  tie-dyed girl! Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:20 pm

The kids decided they were gonna go for it, and divided up tasks. Faith couldn't go because she was wanted and Zachary didnt like they idea of going anywhere public unless he had to, so Jonathan and Aly went to the store the next day. Aly bought make-up, hair dye, hair spray and gel, clothes, and other things that would be necessary for their disguises while Jonathan looked into a computer and printer, paper and ink. They used the cash Connor had been able to get for them and by the time they got home that night they were excited and ready to begin work the next day.

Aly was in charge of the disguises and began making her plans while Jonathan and the others began work on the writing. After switching people around a couple of times she finally decided that she and Jonathan would be in charge of the sticky notes, Jesintha and Zachary would be in charge of the pamphlets (that's all Zachary would agree to do. He figured it would be the safest since he wouldn't have to sneak into the office or any of the classrooms, if he was caught, he would just be in the hallways), and Michael and Katie would be in charge of depositing the newspapers.

Now, to figure out disguises. Jonathan’s hair was already black and had grown out to a pretty nice length, so she decided to dye her hair black and give them both one of those weird hair cuts and probably spike up their hair a bit. Also, she was worried about Jonathan being recognized since he’s run for class president earlier in highschool and the whole school had seen posters with his face for weeks. She figured, this way she’s be able to use some make-up on him too that would hopefully do the trick. Katie and Michael both had dark brown hair, and she was pretty sure she could make them unrecognizable if she turned them to blondes. That left Zachary and Jesintha. Zachary had black hair and Jesintha was blonde, in the end, she decided Zachary would go a dirty blonde and Jesintha could go dark brown.

Over the next few days she worked with the other kids whenever they weren’t busy working on the writing and printing. She dyed their hair, practiced their make-up and worked on choosing what they would wear from the things she had bought and the awesome old closet in the back of the school house.

That month flew by and before they knew it everything was ready and the big night had finally come!

tie-dyed girl!

Back to top Go down

Post  Daughter of the Wind Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:11 am

Well, it was homecoming night, one of the few nights she actually dressed up. Her parents could easily afford her some really nice clothes to wear every day, but that might show off who her Dad was to those who didn't already know. Besides, she liked not worrying about her image. It gave her the freedom to do whatever she wanted to do, be who she wanted to be.
In any case, she was wearing a dress now. She didn't have a date but she didn't care about that either. She confirmed her student I'D at the door and made her way to the cafeteria. No dancing, however, Adene wasn't much interested. She saw Karen and decided that some social interaction was just what she needed to liven up the night.
"Karen! You look fantastic!" Karen stared at her in awe.
"Wow...you're...wearing a...wow you look nice" Adene, slightly irritated, looked down at her dress.
"Well, I guess when I do anything different it's really noticeable. Everyone's been saying that."
"Well I can see why. Why don't you whe..." Karen's voice trailed off, her head cocked, confused. "One moment," she said, "I'll be right back." Karen raced out into the halls. Wondering what could have commanded her attention so suddenly, she followed some distance behind.
Daughter of the Wind
Daughter of the Wind

Back to top Go down

Post  tie-dyed Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:38 pm

Aly kept a careful eye on the others while she and Jonathan did there best to avoid talking to anyone. She let out a small groan. Jonathan gave her a questioning look. "I think we might have a problem," she replied "Zachary and Jasintha just left, and I think Karen might have recognized them cause she followed them. I wouldn't be too worried by that, but one of her friends followed her, and, as far as i know, she's not a Christian."
"That could be bad."
"What should we do?"
"Well, I don't think following them would do much good, so I guess all that leaves is for us to pray."
"I guess so." Aly said with another nervous glance towards the doors...

tie-dyed

Back to top Go down

Post  duckducktape Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:47 am

Faith stepped quietly down the long school hallway, dressed in a dark suit, tie and standard men's dress shoes. She had also cut her thick brown hair to a Bieber mop, although in all honesty, that didn't really help her look like a guy.
Wanted? yes, but this wasn't going to stop her from helping her students.
Music beat loudly through the walls as she peaked in her old classroom.
She saw short sillohuettes **again, not caring if i spelled that correctly** scratching words onto sticky notes and sticking them inside the text books. she smiled until she heard more footsteps in the hall way, she backed against the door and held her breath.
Down the hall, she could see 4 students, one trailing considerably behind the others. taking a breath, she straightened her tie and walked up to them.
She noticed the front two were Zachary and Jasintha, but pretended not to see them, the third student she recognized was Karen and behind her some ways was Adene.
She didn't know the girls particularly well, but She knew they were a risk to the mission that the kids were trying to carry out.
Putting on her best man voice, faith questioned them.
"Young ladies, would you mind telling me where you're headed?"
duckducktape
duckducktape

http://www.randomshirts.com/store/home.php?xid=68f8d0885fbbe7b8a

Back to top Go down

Post  Daughter of the Wind Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:08 pm

Karen had stopped. She was talking to a man (though he acted rather strange for a man) as if they'd known each other. Adene certainly didn't know him and couldn't tell from around the corner who he was. Not one of the teachers, and certainly not a student. To her frustration she also couldn't tell what they were saying. The two turned and peered down the hall in the opposite direction at which time Adene took the opportunity to sneek into an open door nearer to the couple.
"And you're sure you'll be ok?" that had to be Karen's voice.
"Yea, as long as students don't go flooding the halls." the man sounded strangely womanlike. "That might be dangerous"
"I'll try requesting something that's everyone's favorite. That ought to keep them interested. I doubt anyone plans on coming out of there anyway, except for maybe couples who will be probably too absorbed in each other to notice too much."
"Thanks again Karen. Just remember, don't do anything stupid. Don't do drugs, stay in school, ect. Oh and one more thing"
There was silence in the hallway. Adene decided to try being epic and pulling out her ipod she used it as a mirror. It wasn't easy to see, but she saw the man/woman? with his hand on Karen's shoulder, both their faces to the floor, speaking in hushed tones. When they were done, they looked up, hugged, and departed in different directions, Karen toward the cafeteria, the other whoever-it-was the other direction. Adene waited til the footsteps were beyond her hearing and retreated to the cafeteria. She found Karen back where she was before leaving.
"Where on earth have you been? I scoured all of Shazam looking for you."
Karen hesitated. "Where did you look?"
"Just all four corners of this huge cafeteria plus both bathrooms. And you were?"
"At the admisions desk, waiting for a friend."
They stood in an awkward silence, the music blaring around them. Perhaps homecoming hadn't been so boring; after all, she got to be a ninja.

*I would like to note, this was supposed to be the thread in which the kids were NOT discovered as Christians. This whole sneaking thing doesn't make much sense with the whole thread*
Daughter of the Wind
Daughter of the Wind

Back to top Go down

Post  duckducktape Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:00 pm

"Thanks again Karen. Just remember, don't do anything stupid. Don't do drugs, stay in school, ect. Oh and one more thing"
faith bowed her head in prayer with Karen, praying that the school would be receptive to the efforts of the children, and that through even a few, God might reach many and change the fate of Shazam.
After praying, Faith looked up slightly and saw something shine from around a corner.
She whispers to Karen, "your friend Adene cannot know what we're doing here. Not yet. If she asks where you've been, say you were meeting a friend, or something like that. She obviously knows I'm here, though she probably doesn't know my identity. Be strong and do your best to be the change you want to make."
Faith hugged her and sent her along, then walked the other direction until pushing herself into a doorway.
She peered around the corner and saw Adene dash out of her hiding place.
"This could be bad."
turning the handle on the door cautiously, she found herself in her old classroom, her students hurrying about, trying to finish placing sticky notes.
"Well hello everyone."

**With what was left of the story, it still put the Christians on the run. Soooo....**
duckducktape
duckducktape

http://www.randomshirts.com/store/home.php?xid=68f8d0885fbbe7b8a

Back to top Go down

Post  Daughter of the Wind Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:54 pm

Monday came and Adene was surprised to find a strange sticky note in her locker. Upon reaching her first period, she found that most other students had recieved one too. Others looked painfully guilty, Adene guessed that they had recieved one too; they just didn't want to admit it. Criminal as the act was, the principle had each homeroom teacher elect one student to take up the notes from everyone who had one. Adene was picked, and she began taking up the multicolored messages. She sifted through, noting that many were repeats. Suddenly, SMACK!! the floor met Adene faster than she had thought. The notes were scattered and she scramble to pick them up. Her cheeks redened as laughter exploded in the classroom. They're all fools anyway, she thought. She handed off the notes to the teacher and once again took her seat. Ms. Fenda, a chemistry teacher, looked over each note with an expressionless face before setting them all on a bunsen burner. Idiots, and not very good actors either. Adene looked at the blatently obvious guilty looks one those who had supposedly "not gotten one" or who "already threw them away." If I were the teacher, I would call them all to the hall for a chat.
Her History teacher, Mr. Chas (nicknamed Mr. Shaz for his patriotism) was a fun and flamboyant teacher. Most days, that is, not today. His brows were nit togeather in a frown that Adene had never seen on his face. Foregoing his scheduled lesson, Mr. Shaz decided to give them an overview of religion with its foolishness, short-comings, and failures. He covered the Crusaids, the Conquistadores, and many other religous wars. "Religion," he declared to the class, "only brings about hatred in the world. It turns person against person and friends into foes." Adene thought this was a bit over the top; religion wasn't that bad, but she could see where his arguement stood.
Once again, she had the bus drop her off in the neighborhood next to hers and walked home. It was a tiring habit, but it was better than going so far to not let people know whose daughter she was only to accidentally screw it up. It would be more of a pain than walking a bit farther. When he asked, Adene lied and told him that nothing interesting had gone on at school that day. He might hear of it later, but better later than now. Adene walked briskly to her room, complaining of homework, shut the door, and got out an empty binder with some blank paper and some sheet sleves. Why was Karen always keeping a secret from her? Adene just hoped that Karen wasn't in danger, but there was a group that would put her in danger if she got involved. Adene just had to find them before Karen joined them.
Date: September 25, 2010
Found suspicious notes the school day following homecoming. Karen was not involved but she might have known those who did it. I only saw one, but one person couldn't pull of such a large scale plan, one that covers the whole school. The notes were found in lockers all over the school.

Reaching into her pocket, Adene pulled out the notes she had consealed there when she fell; twenty-seven in all the total number of individual messages. She stuck them too the front and back of the page. They're all idiots, I can't believe she noticed I only handed her the repeats. Adene slipped the note covered paper into a sleeve and clipped it into the binder. Then she slid the binder into a neat place on her bookshelf. No police, no voilence; Adene would investigate this herself. Too much curiosity with an analytical brain, you could say, was one of her few faults in a country of zombies.

*Note: Adene is not planning to turn these guys into the police or anything*
Daughter of the Wind
Daughter of the Wind

Back to top Go down

Post  Daughter of the Wind Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:49 pm

October 17, 2010
Karen, again, was in a deep conversation and looked like she was about to bring something important up and seemed to loose her nerve once again. I saw her later, in an empty classroom reading. She closed the book and closed her eyes. I left before she opened them. Could it be the cult's text? It's only a thought, nothing concrete, but it's one more thing. I need to warn her, and she deffinately can't come over until I know she's completely clear, Dad and all.
Daughter of the Wind
Daughter of the Wind

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2